Happy February! I LOVE Valentine’s Day themes and celebrating with my students! I wanted to share with you some FREE activities you can do this week with your students for Valentine’s Day!
1) The Day It Rained Hearts (by Felicia Bond) story map: I use this story map with my kids to help them visualize all of the events in the book. They can point to each picture as we read, and it can help them recall information. It is also fun to cut up the pictures and practice sequencing! Click HERE to download the story map for free!
2) Heart umbrella craft: This craft was so much fun to make! You’ll need brown, red, and pink construction paper and glue. That’s it! I cut a hook shape out of the brown and an umbrella shape out of the red (just google “umbrella outline” to find a ton!). I cut a ton of pink hearts for decoration. It’s a really simple craft and it turned out so cute! I also put this adorable sign up on our door. Click HERE to download the sign for free!
3) Lovely speech hearts: This free handout is great to have kids color or to use pompoms, sequins, or buttons to cover. I use these for articulation trials and try to spice them up with colors to make it feel like a craft! Click HERE for these free handouts.
4) Adapted valentine: A lot of my kids are not yet independent writers, so I wanted to make a valentine activity that they could use to make something for a friend, teacher, parent, family member, or anyone else they love without having to write! This adapted valentine template is great for young kids, AAC users, and other kids that may need some extra support to write. Click HERE for these adapted valentines.
5) Happy Valentine’s Day, Mouse! (by Laura Numeroff and Felicia Bond) symbol supported text: This book is so adorable for young ones! I made symbol supported lines to support my early learners. Click HERE to download.
I hope this was helpful to you! What are you doing for Valentine’s Day?
PS: Want to make planning easier with monthly lesson plans, freebies, and more? Click HERE to sign up for my email list so you don’t miss a thing!